Wednesday 12 November 2014

A Killer Oreo Milk Shake Recipe

A Killer Oreo Milk Shake Recipe
 
A Killer Oreo Milk Shake (Oreo Ice Cream Flurries)
 

This one is for my kids specially my daughter, oops for both I guess, coz my little one is just  standing next to me now :) and commenting WHY only Aakaa and not me??… The other day she was studying and I was searching for some good new recipes on the internet and luckily I happened to reach onto Anzz Cafe and the post I saw was WOW, I felt so tempted and couldn’t resist sharing the wonderful Oreo Mc Flurry post of Anzz with my daughter and showed her the clicks too. OMG, you should have seen her reactions!!

My kids are big Oreo freaks (guess all kids are) and they love going to McDonald’s for Oreo Mc Flurry too frequently, even if they get stuffed with the drink they won’t share with me :) . Thank you Anzz of Anzz Cafe for this wonderful recipe.

 

Here’s a special treat for you all too. This is surprisingly easy to make and totally delicious. Let’s learn about this mouth-watering shake. In my home earlier there were two Oreo flurry freaks but now their super mamma has also joined the gang with them though it’s an occasional indulgence in my case but it was so much fun preparing it at home for my loved ones :)


Ingredients -
Serves : 2 large “Oreo milk shakes”
  • 2 cups Vanilla Ice cream ( I used Amul ice cream)
  • 1/4 cup milk or vanilla soy milk ( I used full cream milk )
  • 8 – 10 Oreo cookies
  • Hershey’s Chocolate syrup
  • Extra Oreo cookies for garnishing   

I simply love what I make!! here we go…..
 
Method -
Let’s begin by crumbling the cookies, you can use your hands or put them in a zip lock pouch and crush them with masher or hand but do not over crumble the cookies, if you over crumble them then the cookies will break and melt when you combine them with the ice cream. So your cookies should be not like powder. Set the 2 whole cookies aside for garnishing.

Take a medium-sized mixing bowl and add the vanilla ice cream and milk together, gently stir using a spatula (the texture should be thick and not too liquid). The key, as all milkshake devotees know, is the ice cream, so I will suggest you use a good quality Ice Cream for the shake. Add the broken cookies to it and mix lightly. Please ensure not to over mix or under mix the shake. The shake should have few large broken chunks of Oreo cookies in it.

Yummy for my Tummy!!

 
 
Now time for pouring the shake (flurry) into the glass, choose a glass that you like, gently pour Hershey’s syrup on the walls of the glass and at the bottom. I placed few broken Oreo cookies too at the bottom of the glass and then slowly added the shake to it. Sprinkle some broken Oreo’s on the top and stick it with one whole cookie too!!
I prepared it 20 minutes before serving to my kids and till then placed both the glasses in the freezer in order to serve them chilled (should not be frozen).

Maa it’s so heavenly!!

Do try this wonderful & easy to make drink for your loved ones. I am sure they will adore it and you too, for such an awesome treat!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment