Tuesday 11 November 2014

Fresh Fruit Salad With Yogurt | Easy Navaratri Recipe

Fresh Fruit Salad With Yogurt | Easy Navaratri Recipe
 
 
 
 
I & Fruits are the best of friends since childhood but sadly these fruits are not so friendly with my kids or vis a versa :) ! I am totally obsessed with all kinds of fruits and can have any fruit offered to me anytime of the day. Recently I received a suggestion from one of my blog reader saying I should also add-on few healthy fasting recipes for Navaratri, so the quickest & easiest I could think of was making a fruit salad with yogurt something which I always relish having but was surprised to notice so less of all such recipes which I feel are so very basic for me and all would know so why blog about it, but now I feel I need to share everything that I prepare in my kitchen with my readers be it basic,simple or very simple…I am too lazy to go in for tough time-consuming recipes :)!
 
 
 
So here is a visual treat for all of you, after this I am sure you will be little inspired to have at least one fruit right away, had I been at your place I would have surely headed towards my fruit basket for a quick treat …. lol!
 
 
The Fruit Salad with Yogurt is again a very basic and super easy option, all you need is few ingredients and that it…. what I did for this is that I picked all fruits available in my kitchen and a cup of vanilla yogurt …..that’s it! Is’nt it simple ???? It surely is but trust me you will love having a glass full of this after you taste one spoon…so go for this healthy delicious guilt free treat.
 
Enjoy this Fresh fruit salad with Yogurt during your Navaratri fasting or otherwise also anytime of the day when you feel the craving for eating something in-between meals is too high :) !
 
 
 
Ingredients
  • • Plain Yogurt – 1 cup ( I used Vanilla flavored Yogurt in this recipe)
  • • Honey – 1 1/2 tablespoons (adjust as per your taste, if using flavored yogurt then no need to add honey)
  • • Orange Juice – 1/3 cup
  • • Fruits of your choice ( I added seedless grapes, papaya, apple, banana, pomegranate, fresh figs, chikoo - Sapodilla)
Instructions
  1. Take a big mixing bowl; chop all the fruits and add them in the bowl after washing them nicely under running water.
  2. Now combine yogurt with honey and mix softly.
  3. Add orange juice to all the fruits and mix them gently.
  4. Take glasses of your choice or a serving bowl and add in fruits to it and top with the yogurt.
  5. Serve chilled.
Notes
Any fruit of your choice can be added to this fruit salad. Plain yogurt mixed with honey or any flavored yogurt can be used for making the fruit salad. I always love to have it using flavored yogurt and this time I added vanilla flavored yogurt to my fruit salad. Since this is also recommended as a navaratri recipe, you can go in for plain yogurt and add in honey to it. In my case we do not mind having flavored yogurt during our fasting but again it is personal choice and also to do with what is been followed at your place, so prepare this accordingly. It tastes great when served chilled. Fresh fruits go extremely well in case of a fruit salad however if fresh fruits are not readily available you can go in for canned ones too. Use your creativity and add nuts also to this recipe. If adding appropriate honey, there is no need to add in sugar to sweeten it further.

Have a FRUIT full life :) !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment