Tuesday 11 November 2014

Aam Ka (Panna) Pana | Refreshing Raw Mango Drink for Summers

Aam Ka (Panna) Pana | Refreshing Raw Mango Drink for Summers

 Summers begin and my house is all flooded with loads of milkshakes, shorbet, summer coolers, mint ice tea and my traditional Aam Ka Panna. I and my kids like to have lots of liquids during the summers. So my focus shifts from cooking various dishes to making my kids happy by preparing variety of milkshakes and summer drinks.

As soon as the Mango season starts, I ensure to get lots of Raw Mangoes along with the Mangoes :) in my kitchen. It is such a delight to have this fruit every season. I love to make Aam ka Panna, instant Mango Pickle and the traditional Mango Punjabi Pickle every season. Also I like to add the raw Mango chunks in my dal and rice to enhance the flavor of the dish.


I have fond memories of having this drink and I use to enjoy my mom’s aam panna. She use to add little extra sugar for us with lots of mango pulp and less water. Her recipe was without the mint leaves, however now my son loves to have aam panna with the mint flavor so I prepare it as per his taste. You can always adjust the recipe according to your taste. It is easy and a quick summer drink with both sweet and tangy flavor. Also I remember my mom telling us that this drink helps you protect from too much heat.


So why wait, catch hold of some raw mangoes and there you go with a refreshing Mango Summer Cooler ~ Aam Ka Panna!!!!

Aam Ka Panna | Refreshing Mango Drink for Summers
Aam Ka Panna | Refreshing Mango Drink for Summers
Ingredients
  • • Raw Mangoes - 2 -3 medium size
  • • Sugar - 1/2 cup
  • • Black Salt - 2 teaspoons or as per taste
  • • Roasted Cumin Seeds Powder - 2 teaspoons
  • • Mint Leaves - handful or 30 - 35 leaves
  • • Black Pepper - 1/4th teaspoon
  • • Water – 1 liter
Instructions
  1. Wash the raw mangoes.
  2. Boil them in water or roast them on gas flame or chop the raw mangoes and boil them.
  3. Remove the pulp in a big bowl and mash it nicely.
  4. Now add one cup of water to the pulp and boil it again.
  5. Keep it to cool for 10 minutes. Next add sugar, black salt and mint leaves in a mixer along with the pulp and puree it.
  6. Take it out in a big jar or bowl . Add rest of the chilled water to the mixture and mix well.
  7. Add in the black pepper and roasted cumin seeds powder to it and stir well.
  8. Strain the mixture in a serving jar. (optional) I like to have my aam ka panna with the pulp in the water. It is purely as per the taste.
  9. Serve it chilled with ice cubes and garnish with mint leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment