Tuesday 11 November 2014

Stuffed Potato Shells with a refreshing Summer Cooler drink| Mothers Day Special ~ Happy Mother’s Day

Stuffed Potato Shells with a refreshing Summer Cooler drink| Mothers Day Special
~ Happy Mother’s Day


“A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.”  ~Tenneva Jordan
 
 
 
I am blessed to have a super Mom and a super Daughter :)! My Mom is a super strong women who is a cancer survivor patient and is still fighting its after effects on daily basis from years. I salute her strong will power and positive attitude towards life. A women who cannot eat regular meals till now due to undergoing oral cancer few years back but still makes her kids and loved ones eat happily and feeds us all with delicious meals whenever possible with no regret towards life. I am proud of my Mom and pray god to make me strong and positive women as my Maa. Also I am thankful to god that my Mom is there with us despite all the illness…..
 
 
It is a special day for me today because my daughter planned a surprise on mother’s day for me. A morning that began with a long hug, cuddle and special wishes on being the best Mom :) by both my Kids. I adore all this ….It’s such a sweet feeling to be loved and made to feel so special.
 
I was told to take an early bath (on a weekend) by my daughter and not to enter the kitchen till she permits me too :) , I knew for sure something is cooking but I kept silent and obeyed her. It is nice to be ignorant once in a while specially when you know its something “JUST FOR YOU” by your loved ones.
 
It was pre planned, menu all decided and ingredients related to it stored well in advanced. My domestic help also was looped in to help my daughter in the kitchen for today mornings breakfast, which I got to know later. My daughter turned into her teens this year and I have seen a major change in her, though she was always so caring but now I feel she really goes out-of-the-way to make Mamma comfortable and happy in all times :).
 
She prepared a special breakfast for me today and I can’t stop blogging about it here in my space as I am so touched and feel blessed. The love and feelings behind such small things make a huge difference in life.
 
I was told to shut my eyes and sit like a good mommy without opening my eyes at the dining table. And then came a special surprise for me. Beautifully styled and deliciously prepared Stuffed Potato Shells with a refreshing Summer Cooler drink :) ! I was touched and tears started to flow down my eyes. it’s good to show your emotions on such sweet occasions, isn’t it???….
 
When asked, when she learnt this and how she made all this, I was told she took the help of a Nita Mehta small pocket sized cook book for both the recipes and prepared it in the presence of our domestic help. She knows Mamma still doesn’t allow her to experiment in the kitchen alone :) .
 
Boys are Boys :) , my son wished me, no wasting time just because playing basketball or cricket is more important but at the same time he needs to compete with sis to wish mamma better than her :) . A quick less than 5 minutes work, a small paper, pen and his thoughts. But the most important is what he feels….. there are kids who don’t express the way other kids do and my son is among those who are loving, sensitive and caring but do things differently without wasting too much time … lol! He surely knows how to make his maa happy… all his 5 minutes acts on special occasions can melt maa nicely and shower blessing and love… one imp question he always ask me is – Maa! Why do we not have Son’s Day..like the world celebrates mother’s day, daughter’s day, father’s day, grandparent’s day etc etc ?????? I still can’t find an answer to this…..if any of you have an answer please do share with me too :) , at least I can revert to my lil one….though I nicely tell him that every day is a Son’s day and we don’t need a particular day to celebrate Sons :) …..they are just adorable as always :) .
 
Without being too emotional anymore, let me share my daughters special breakfast recipe which she adapted from a cook book…. I loved it not because it was prepared by her but also because it was really awesome, delicious and worth sharing it here :).
Stuffed Potato Shells with a refreshing Summer Cooler drink| Mothers Day Special ~ Happy Mother’s Day
Stuffed Potato Shells with a refreshing Summer Cooler drink| Mothers Day Special ~ Happy Mother’s Day
 
Ingredients
  • - Potatoes - 4 medium size
  • - Paneer - 50-75grams (Crumbled Indian Cottage Cheese)
  • - Roasted cumin seeds powder- 1/4 teaspoon
  • - Chopped mint- 1 tablespoon
  • - Lemon juice-1teaspoon
  • - Oil-1 tablespoon
  • - Salt to taste
  • - Chaat masala to sprinkle
  • - Oil for frying
Instructions
  1. Boil the potatoes - pressure cook to give 2 whistles or microwave in a polythene bag for 6 minutes, sprinkle some water over it.
  2. If boiling in a pressure cooker please do not over boil, drop the pressure immediately after the second whistle.
  3. Now peel and slice the potatoes lengthwise into two halves.
  4. Scoop out the potatoes to get a hollow with a tiny scooper or a small spoon.
  5. Make outer shell quite thin.
  6. Next heat oil in a kadai and deep fry the potatoes.
  7. Keep the flame to medium heat and fry till light brown and crisp.
  8. Remove then on a kitchen paper napkin and sprinkle some chaat masala and keep aside.
  9. For the filling - mix all the ingredients of the filling and then fill the hollow shells.
  10. Just before serving - heat oven to 210 degree C and grill the potatoes for 3 -4 minutes and not more than that.
  11. Cut each potato pieces into half lengthwise.
  12. Serve hot.

And now the recipe for the Summer Cooler ~ A two layered Drink!!!
A perfect drink for hot summers, easy quick and yummy.
Stuffed Potato Shells with a refreshing Summer Cooler drink| Mothers Day Special ~ Happy Mother’s Day
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 7 minutes
Yield: 2 glasses
Stuffed Potato Shells with a refreshing Summer Cooler drink| Mothers Day Special ~ Happy Mother’s Day
Ingredients
  • - Orange Juice (ready made) - 1 teacup
  • - Rose Syrup or Roohafza - 2 tablespoon in each glass
  • - Lemon Juice - 2 teaspoons
  • - Chilled Soda - 3/4 bottle
  • - Crushed Ice
  • - Mint leaves, lemon slices for garnishing.
Instructions
  1. Take a tall stem glasses, pour 2 tbsp. rose syrup at the bottom of the glass.
  2. Tilt the glass and gently pour orange juice, rolling along the sides of the glass.
  3. Add about 1/2 tsp lemon juice. Now top each glass with some soda.
  4. Gently drop some crushed ice cubes into the glass.
  5. Garnish by fixing a slit lemon slice on the rim of the glass along with a mint leaf.
  6. Insert a stirrer stick and serve chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment